Previous posts have highlighted the benefits of using the Grants.gov Workspace feature and provided example cases that illustrate those benefits in real-world situations.
If you’re ready to give Workspace a try, the only thing that remains is to create a workspace for the funding opportunity for which you want to apply.
This video walks you through the process.
If you prefer a written set of instructions, we have included them below. You can also find these instructions – along with many other help articles – in the Grants.gov Online User Guide.
Please note that to create a workspace, a Grants.gov applicant must have the Manage Workspace role.
How to Create a Workspace
- Log in to your Grants.gov Applicant account and ensure you have the Manage Workspace role. Your Grants.gov roles are listed under the Role(s) heading on the Applicant Center page.
2. After logging in, search for the grant opportunity for which you want to create a workspace. Refer to the Search Grants help article for instructions on using the Search Grants tab.
3. Click the funding opportunity number link in the Funding Opportunity Number column. You will be taken to the View Grant Opportunity page.
4. Click the Package tab.
5. Ensure that the application package is compatible with Workspace. You should see a “Yes” in the Workspace Compatible column.
6. Click the Select Package link in the Actions column.
7. Enter your email address to subscribe to change notifications for the package, or select the option, “No, I do not wish to provide my email address.”
8. Click the Submit button.
9. Enter an Application Filing Name, such as “Department of Energy Federal Grant Application”.
10. Click the Create Workspace button. After creating a workspace, you will be taken to the Manage My Workspace page. At this point you can begin adding participants and completing forms, such as the SF-424.
Have you applied for a grant with Workspace? Leave your feedback, ideas, and suggestions in the comment section below. Read our Comment and Privacy Notice.