The latest Grants.gov release adds new functionality for grantors who need to associate (add) new users to their federal agency account.
There are now two ways an agency can affiliate a new user, as discussed in the video below:
The most direct way is for the user to register a personal account with Grants.gov (it just takes a few minutes), then ask his or her agency point of contact (POC) for Grants.gov to affiliate the new account with the federal agency.
After the agency POC completes the Add Grantor process, the user will receive an email confirming that their Grants.gov account has been affiliated with the agency.
The second way to register a grantor with Grants.gov is to have the grantor agency POC initiate the account registration process. What follows are step-by-step instructions:
- The agency POC should log into Grants.gov and click the Manage Grantors link under the Grantor Management heading.
- Click the Add Grantor button.
- Enter the email address of the person you need to add to your agency. Grants.gov recommends you use their federal agency email address and not a personal email address.
- Click the Continue button after filling out the Email Address field.
- If the person has an existing Grants.gov account, confirm that the Account Information on the Add Grantor window matches the person you wish to affiliate with the agency.
- If the email address is not associated with an existing Grants.gov account, enter the person’s first and last name. These are not required fields, but it is helpful in registering the account.
- Select all the Assigned Roles that this person needs to have within the agency.
- Read the Disclaimer and mark the checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
After the agency POC completes the Add Grantor process, the user will receive an email with a link to continue the registration process and become affiliated with the agency.