This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights new grant opportunities supporting…
- the improvement the farm management knowledge and skills;
- integrated cyberinfrastructure services and quantitative metrics with targets for delivery and usage of these services;
- studies on advanced policing;
- the application of data science approaches to energy science.
- National Science Foundation
- Current Closing Date for Applications: April 8, 2019
- The Cyberinfrastructure for Sustained Scientific Innovation (CSSI) umbrella program seeks to enable funding opportunities that are flexible and responsive to the evolving and emerging needs in cyberinfrastructure. This program continues the CSSI program by removing the distinction between software and data elements/framework implementations, and instead emphasizing integrated cyberinfrastructure services, quantitative metrics with targets for delivery and usage of these services, and community creation.
- Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice
- Current Closing Date for Applications: May 7, 2019
- With this solicitation, NIJ seeks to applications for funding investigator-initiated, randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies to inform policing at the State, local, and tribal levels. As part of a multi-pronged strategy to build evidence-based knowledge and advance policing, NIJ is seeking to support research that proposes to conduct RCTs on the strategic priorities articulated in NIJ’s Policing Strategic Research Plan, 2017-2022.
- Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- Current Closing Date for Applications: April 9, 2019
- The Farm Business Management and Benchmarking (FBMB) Competitive Grants Program provides funds for improving the farm management knowledge and skills of agricultural producers by maintaining and expanding a national, publicly available farm financial management database to support improved farm management.
- Department of Energy, Office of Science
- Current Closing Date for Applications: May 15, 2019
- The program will support Single Investigator/Small Group efforts (up to $500,000 per year) for research with a focus on applying data science approaches and tools for experimental, theoretical/computational, or synergistic experimental/theoretical/computational research in areas supported by the DOE SC program in Basic Energy Sciences (BES). Although the research may involve the development of new data science approaches, the focus of the effort should be on advancing understanding of fundamental properties and processes in chemical and materials systems.
Federal Agencies & Offices on Twitter
USDA will be extending the deadlines for the new ReConnect Rural Broadband Program. Previously set to begin in April, the first application deadline will be pushed back to May 31 or later. Details will be posted in the Federal Register later this month. https://t.co/l2ooF7fGyr pic.twitter.com/vMo7FtXrDT
— Rural Development Oregon (@RD_Oregon) February 7, 2019
The White House
Expanding economic opportunity for women has the potential to boost global economic output by $12 trillion by 2025. Learn more about the new @WhiteHouse #WGDP initiative supporting women’s economic empowerment: https://t.co/zbxf7XObp9 @IvankaTrump @MCAGeorgia
— Millennium Challenge (@MCCgov) February 8, 2019
— NEH Div. of Research (@NEH_Research) February 7, 2019