This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights federal programs supporting food and nutrition.
- Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- Closing Date: January 28, 2019
- School Nutrition Training Grant for AlliedProfessional Organizations funds will assist allied professional organizations in planning, developing, promoting, delivering, and evaluating a workforce development and training initiative to provide skills-based training and technical assistance for school nutrition professionals to strengthen school meals program operators’ competencies, knowledge, and skills within one or more of the eight (8) key functional areas.
Continue reading Funding Friday: Federal Grants Supporting Nutrition
We all need it, so we need to protect our clean water supplies. As the National Science Foundation says, “Humanity depends upon the Earth’s physical resources and natural systems for food, energy, and water (FEW).” Below are U.S. Federal Government grants from DOI, EPA, NASA, NSF, and USDA that work to restore, improve, or sustain water quality and access.
Continue reading 5 Grants for National Water Quality Month #FundingFriday
Happy Friday! In this week’s edition of #FundingFriday, we are highlighting opportunities from the Departments of Transportation, Veterans Affairs, Agriculture and other federal grant-making agencies. All have closing dates in August or September, so there is still time to apply!
Note to Federal Agencies: If you have specific grant opportunities you would like the Grants.gov Community Blog to highlight in our weekly posts, please email us at Community@Grants.gov.
- Agency: Department of Transportation, Federal Transit Administration
- Closing Date: September 10, 2018
- About the Opportunity: The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) announces the availability of approximately $5 million in funding provided by the Public Transportation on Indian Reservations Program (Tribal Transit Program (TTP)), as authorized by 49 U.S.C. 5311(c)(1)(A), as amended by the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST), Public Law 114-94 (December 4, 2015). This is a national solicitation for project proposals and includes the selection criteria and program eligibility information for Fiscal Year 2018 projects. The primary purpose of these competitively selected grants is to support planning, capital, and, in limited circumstances, operating assistance for tribal public transit services. Funds distributed to Indian tribes under the TTP should not replace or reduce funds that Indian tribes receive from states through FTA’s Section 5311 program.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Federal Grants for Public Transportation, Veterans, Community Gardens and More
These federal grant opportunities close next week, so it is time to get those grant applications submitted soon! Opportunities in the areas of health, food, transportation, and energy.
Close Date: June 18, 2018
Opportunity: Family-to-Family Health Information Centers – Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada
Agency: HHS Health Resources and Services Administration
Purpose: To provide information, education, technical assistance, and peer support to families of children and youth with special health care needs and the professionals who serve them.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: 5 Federal Grants Closing Next Week
Do you work for a nonprofit, state agency, or other eligible entity that implements training centers or provides technical assistance programs? Here are 8 federal grants for different types of training and technical assistance to support the fields of criminal justice, pipeline safety, forest conservation, hydropower, drug courts, and defense procurement.
Continue reading 8 Training and Technical Assistance Grants Due in June & July #FundingFriday
Federal grants are the transfer of anything of value from the Federal government to a non-federal entity to carry out a public purpose authorized by U.S. law. This makes for a wide array of public-serving programs to be found on Grants.gov—find grants for national parks, small businesses, international work, agricultural education, and newborn screening below.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Diverse Grants for Public Purposes
Among these opportunities with close dates in April are grants promoting environmental literacy, distance education, and Native American language preservation.
Close Date: Apr 06, 2018
Agency: Department of Commerce
Opportunity: Environmental Literacy Grants: Supporting the education of K-12 students and the public for community resilience
Purpose: The goal of this Federal Funding Opportunity (FFO) is to support the education of K-12 students and the public so they are knowledgeable of the ways in which their community can become more resilient to extreme weather events and/or other environmental hazards, and become involved in achieving that resilience.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: April Closings for Grants from the Departments of Commerce, Agriculture, and Other Agencies
Crop protection, historical preservation, and primary healthcare are among the topics featured in this week’s #FundingFriday post. All of the grants highlighted below have application windows that close in May.
Close Date: May 8, 2018
Agency: Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture
Opportunity: Crop Protection and Pest Management Competitive Grants Program
Purpose: The purpose of the Crop Protection and Pest Management program is to address high priority issues related to pests and their management using IPM approaches at the state, regional and national levels. The CPPM program supports projects that will ensure food security and respond effectively to other major societal pest management challenges with comprehensive IPM approaches that are economically viable, ecologically prudent, and safe for human health.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: New Grant Opportunities from the U.S. Departments of Agriculture, Interior, and Health and Human Services
As of this morning, February 9, 2018, there are over 2,000 federal funding opportunities open on Grants.gov. Below are four new grants posted this week for you to consider. Before investing time to apply, be sure to confirm that you are eligible to receive the award.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: 2,000+ Grants Open Today—Here’s 4 Posted this Week
The end of January is coming up, which means the federal grants community is ramping up for the busy spring time (we’re only 2 months from the astronomical start of spring!). Before we get ahead of ourselves, you may need to finish up your grant applications for one of the five opportunities below.
Close Date: January 22, 2018
Continue reading #FundingFriday: 5 Federal Grants Closing by the End of January