This week’s installment of #FundingFriday focuses on recently-posted opportunities that are categorized as having “Unrestricted” eligibility. Note: “Unrestricted” (i.e., open to any type of entity above) opportunities are subject to any clarification listed under “Additional Information on Eligibility” on the synopsis.
Department of Energy – Office of Science
Current Closing Date for Applications: May 3, 2019
The DOE SC program in Basic Energy Sciences (BES) announces its interest in receiving applications from single investigators/small groups (up to $500K per year) and from large teams (over $500K per year) for support of experimental and theoretical efforts to advance materials and chemical sciences research for quantum information science (QIS). Large teams must have multiple investigators and may have multiple institutions. This funding opportunity supports fundamental research for public benefit in materials and chemical sciences to advance our understanding of quantum phenomena in systems that could be used for QIS, and the use of quantum computing in chemical and materials sciences research.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Unrestricted Opportunities from the Departments of Energy, Defense, Health and Human Services and the Agency for International Development
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights federal grants supporting the digitization and preservation of historical newspaper content, legal assistance for the victims of sexual assault, and networking and cyberinfrastructure improvements for science and research institutions.
Click here for a full list of new and recent federal grant opportunity announcements.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Grant Announcements From DOJ, HHS, NEH and More
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights federal programs supporting food and nutrition.
- Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service
- Closing Date: January 28, 2019
- School Nutrition Training Grant for AlliedProfessional Organizations funds will assist allied professional organizations in planning, developing, promoting, delivering, and evaluating a workforce development and training initiative to provide skills-based training and technical assistance for school nutrition professionals to strengthen school meals program operators’ competencies, knowledge, and skills within one or more of the eight (8) key functional areas.
Continue reading Funding Friday: Federal Grants Supporting Nutrition
If you don’t have time to regularly browse the funding opportunities posted on Grants.gov, consider setting up a saved search that will ping you every time a grant relevant to your interests is posted to Grants.gov.
You may also want to download the official Grants.gov mobile app (App Store | Google Play), which makes it easy to browse and subscribe to opportunities while you’re on the move – or on the couch.
Here’s a selection of new funding opportunity announcements that have been posted to Grants.gov in recent days.
- Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families – ORR
- Estimated Closing Date: April 28, 2019
- The Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) announces funding for the Refugee Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) Program, which establishes and manages Individual Development Accounts (IDAs) for low-income refugee participants. Eligible refugee participants who enroll in these projects will open and contribute systematically to IDAs for specified Savings Goals, including home ownership, business capitalization, vehicles for educational or work purposes, professional certification, and education (limited to postsecondary and/or continuing education, college entrance exam fees, Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and General Education Development (GED) Diploma preparation and test fees).
Continue reading #FundingFriday: Federal Grant Programs Supporting Community Development, Refugees and Environmental Protection
This week’s edition of #FundingFriday highlights open federal grant opportunities relating to artificial intelligence (AI) and robotics. For tips on how to use Grants.gov’s keyword search, click here.
Department of Energy, National Energy Technology Laboratory
Closing Date: November 9, 2018
This program aims to explore the use of artificial intelligence (AI) tools on PMU data to identify and improve existing knowledge, and to discover new insights and tools for better grid operation and management.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: 5 Federal Grant Programs Supporting Developments in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
For this week’s edition of #FundingFriday, we are highlighting grant opportunities that either @grantsdotgov or federal government offices and agencies have shared on Twitter in recent days.
And if you haven’t yet followed Grants.gov on Twitter, there isn’t a better time to do so than now!
Continue reading #FundingFriday Twitter Edition: Grants from NEH, HHS, Commerce and USDA
“Suicide is a serious public health problem that causes immeasurable pain, suffering, and loss to individuals, families, and communities nationwide” (Suicide Prevention, SAMHSA.gov). With nearly 40,000 people in the U.S. who die annually from suicide, it takes a collective effort of community members, professionals, families, and institutions to help prevent suicide.
Here are federal grant opportunities from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and U.S. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity (USAMRAA) that support this important work.
Continue reading 5 Grants to Support National Suicide Prevention & Awareness Month #FundingFriday
Summer is coming to a close, which means the Labor Day Holiday is coming as well. Before we get into holiday mode, though, these 5 federal grants are due September 1st through 5th, so get your applications in soon. Areas include criminal justice, occupational safety, journalism, defense, and animal care research.
Continue reading 5 Grant Applications Due in September #FundingFriday
These federal grant opportunities close next week, so it is time to get those grant applications submitted soon! Opportunities in the areas of health, food, transportation, and energy.
Close Date: June 18, 2018
Opportunity: Family-to-Family Health Information Centers – Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada
Agency: HHS Health Resources and Services Administration
Purpose: To provide information, education, technical assistance, and peer support to families of children and youth with special health care needs and the professionals who serve them.
Continue reading #FundingFriday: 5 Federal Grants Closing Next Week
Do you work for a nonprofit, state agency, or other eligible entity that implements training centers or provides technical assistance programs? Here are 8 federal grants for different types of training and technical assistance to support the fields of criminal justice, pipeline safety, forest conservation, hydropower, drug courts, and defense procurement.
Continue reading 8 Training and Technical Assistance Grants Due in June & July #FundingFriday